Wednesday 4 February 2015

Jessie Ware at The Brixton Academy


One of my new years resolutions was to use London more, living in London is something I take very much for granted. When I first moved to London I was all about exploring, always checking Time out for the latest batch of things to do in the city, but the last few months things have slipped - I increased my hours at work, the nights drew in and I find myself sitting in front of Netflix far to often!! 

I've not done amazingly well in January, I guess you could say I'm easing myself in gently, this has involved; Borough Market wandering's, Balham charity shops (love, love, love), Soho burgers and most recently Jessie Ware at the Brixton Academy. 

I must be one of the few people who had never been to the Brixton Academy before, it was such an amazing venue and one I'll certainly be going back to. The floor is sloped so wherever you choose to stand you get a view of the stage, perfect for those who like me can't cope with squishing towards the front and the stage itself has an almost theatre like feel, featuring balconies and turrets. 

Jessie was of corse amazing, I was lucky enough to see her a few years ago at Latitude festival and we were determined to see her again, especially since her new album was released last year, and she did not disappoint. 

February I'm determined to rack up my London outings - watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment