Sunday 21 April 2013

Raymond Peynet - The Lovers

Les Amoureux de Peynet (Peynets lovers), were two characters created by the artist Raymond Peynet. I like these has they tell a story in the illustrations, one which most people can relate to and find heart warmingly romantic, they are sweet depictions of a couple in love. They remind me of my couple I created within my sketchbook briefly called mr and mrs.tangled mess, and made me think along side creating patterns I should try to create greeting cards/prints. I'm currently creating print designs for postcards made up of patterns and fruit with a quirky, sweet message printed on them - similar to a degree to the lovers. 
I think Peynets designs are so cute, and they make you want to own one, I'd like to create a similar sense of wanting when people see my work.








No comments:

Post a Comment