Sunday 19 May 2013

postcards and love letters

This week I've come across several things which I think are utterly amazing, aside from the little things like teaching myself to like bananas, I've also discovered postSecret and the the world needs more love letters

PostSecret is the creation of Frank Warren, with what started has a community art project developing into a global wonder: people anonymously send Frank their secrets on a self designed post card.

 I think this idea is amazing, the thought of telling, or rather writing a complete stranger (Frank) your deepest secret, or perhaps just something you've never told anyone else is kind of liberating. I guess has the saying goes a problem (secret) shared is problem halved. Frank publishes a selection of the postcards each week on his website, so others can view others postcards, no one knows who's they are but in doing so it brings people together. Knowing not only you have that fear, that everyone hides something and that were all a lot closer than we think - its lovely. 

here are some of the postcards: 













No comments:

Post a Comment