Sunday 18 May 2014

Wimbledon Art Studios: Open Studios

Wimbledon art studios is one of the largest single site studio complexes in the UK, and this weekend saw one its twice yearly openings to the public. Luckily for me I live in walking distance of the studios, and with so many artists from so many disciplines in one place I would have been foolish to miss it. 

Having not been to an open studio's in a few years and never on my own (usually trotting along with a bunch of girls from uni) I was a tad unsure of what to expect! What I got was a lovely afternoon- looking into many artists own private worlds. I felt in owe of so many pieces and very inspired to create more myself. It was great to see such vastly different works all in the same place as well as being able to chat to the artists about their style and processes. 

Below are some of the pieces which caught my eye most...

Fiona Brown


Jane Wachman



Elena Garcia de la Fuente




Katherine Le Hardy





No comments:

Post a Comment