Sunday 11 May 2014

Time fly's...

It's recently come flying at me that its almost a year since my final ever university hand in, and hitting me even harder is recognising that I'm not in the position I thought I might be in a year ago. Not that I even really knew what I wanted a year ago, I just knew I wanted a rest from the deadlines and stresses that come with third year, and its fair to say this last year has given me that. I think perhaps I underestimated just how short a year is, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. 

My upcoming first anniversary for leaving uni, has made me realise just how much I'm missing being creative. It's a lot harder being self-motivated to design than I thought. Not that I've been unmotivated, its just slipped, other things have taken over and here we are, one year on, with not quite the full ideas busting out sketchbooks I would have liked. So I think its time to get back in the creative game, I love drawing and I don't want to miss out on another year of it. 

So when I reach my second anniversary of leaving I want to look back on a more productive year, and that starts with my blog; I will post more, I will draw more, more patterns will be made, more exhibitions will be visited, sketchbooks will be filled and I'll finish knitting all the socks I started!! 












No comments:

Post a Comment